AN EVENING AT JAMIE'S

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


A couple of weeks ago, we headed in to Glasgow City Centre for a dinner at Jamie's Italian with our lovely Dad. We treated it as an early birthday meal for me, wherein Chloe handed me a card informing me that herself and my Dad had organised a trip to my favourite city, Barcelona! It was a pretty emotional moment and now I feel like Jamie's will always hold a special little place in my heart. (although that may also have something to do with the divine chocolate cake I ate there)

As soon as we walked in I felt an instant attraction, the rustic décor combined with a view of Glasgow's George Square suited me perfectly. Jamie's managed to intertwine the causal atmosphere of a café with the high-quality food and service found at restaurants, which made me feel so comfortable there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Tomato & Ricotta Bruschetta
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Italian Steak & Fries
Heritage Tomato Salad (without ricotta)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Seasonal Greens
Buttery Potatoes & Green Beans
Turbo Penne Aribiatta
My Dad and I chose to go with the newly introduced Evening Meal Deal which gives you a full 3 course meal for just £18.95 - not bad for a delicious meal in the middle of Glasgow! Chloe instead chose a pasta and a couple of sides which we all cheekily dipped in to. As Vegetarians, Chloe and I were pretty excited about the amount of options available to us, and our waitress was so accommodating in terms of altering meals for us. She even offered to swap the cheese on my bruschetta for another topping if I wished for it to be Vegan friendly, so keep that in mind if you are Vegan and are interested in trying the Meal Deal out! Everything was cooked perfectly and I had absolutely no complaints at all. After the main course I had the biggest food baby in the world and even considered leaving out dessert - but since it came included in the deal anyway I quickly dismissed that idea and caved. And I am so glad I did. That night I ate the best chocolate cake I have ever had in my entire life, hands down. Again, our lovely waitress advised me on having it with salted caramel ice-cream rather than the vanilla that was featured on the menu, and went about checking I could have that instead.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The Special
Molten Chocolate Praline Pudding & Salted Caramel Ice-Cream
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lemon & Mango Sorbet
 My Dad chose the Berry Meringue which was on the Specials Board that evening and said it was really lovely and fresh tasting. It came accompanied with some fresh berries and a raspberry coulées, while Chloe went for three scoops of Sorbet. Everyone demolished their desserts with such fervour that I barely managed to snap a photo, so it was clear that they were all pretty tasty! Although none compared to my chocolate cake, as affirmed by Chloe and Dad.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Downstairs led to a bar area which featured these beautiful little booths tucked away along one side of the room. They opened up at the top so you could see the street outside above you. I can't wait to come back one night for cocktails with my friends, looking up at the bustling Glasgow night-life just outside. Features like this always make a place as simple as a restaurant feel a whole lot more warm and inviting which I love.

So there you have it, a cosy café lunch, a semi-formal dinner, or a bustling bar - Jamie's appears to have it all! We really hope you enjoyed this post a
s we never usually go in to so much detail about one specific place or event in our lives, but we felt this might be a nice new feature to help you see more of what cities like Glasgow have to offer.

Check out the full Evening Meal Deal Menu or book a table here.

No comments:

Post a Comment